Sunday, June 6, 2010

Longest bus ride EVER

Jueves 3/6/10

Flor, Casas and I left for Iguazu Falls on Thursday night. It’s northwest of Buenos Aires and meant a 17 HOUR BUS RIDE. It was the nicest bus I have ever set foot on though. Flor and I were seated on the second floor of the bus at the very front. We rode over night, so at about 20:00 they closed to curtains for “seguridad.” I guess a double decker bus full of tourists is an easy target.

At 21:00 they brought us our meal. One hot plate, and one cold plate. Bus food is substantially more disgusting then airplane food. After dinner we leaned our seats back (they were basically beds and more comfortable than what we’re used to in the Res) and waited for the movie to start.



Bus food.



Attempting to cut our jamon crudo with former plastic forks.

In anticipation of my Buenos Aires trip I watched a bunch of foreign films Nueve Reinas (Argentina), La Cienega (Argentina), Guantanamera (Cuba), Bitter Sugar (Cuba) and El Secreto de sus Ojos (Argentina). I even watched Que Tan Lejos (Ecuador) on the plane over to Argentina to start my spanish immersion.

So, I was expecting a Spanish movie on the bus. What do they put on? Step Brothers. Still wanting to expand my Spanish vocab, I attempted to read the subtitles but gave up when I realized that they weren’t translating things like “I'm going to take a pillowcase, and fill it full of bars of soap, and beat the shit out of you” or “I tea-bagged your drum set” literally. Attempting to fall asleep in the next few hours was like trying to fall asleep while riding the Back to the Future ride at Universal. If the screen was broken.

No comments:

Post a Comment