Sunday, June 6, 2010

Baila Morenaaaa

A tip for Bs As night life: As much as you want to practice your Spanish in Argentina, the best way to get into clubs for a cheaper price is pretending you have no idea what the bouncer is saying. So play up you accent, unless you think your persuasive skills are fluent enough in Spanish (they might be). That and knowing people. We have managed to get into Pacha for cheaper, Asia de Cuba for free and skipped a huge line of screaming people and walked straight into Rumi. It was awesome.

I don’t know if it’s in the water, in their blood or encoded in their DNA but EVERY Argentine knows how to dance. From president Kirchner dancing at the bicentennial celebration to punk rock looking kids with faces full of piercings, everyone I have seen so far in Argentina seems to have been born with rhythm. Boys seem to enjoy dancing face to face with girls here. They even know real dance steps (no offense to my American boys).



New fashion trend. I plan to spread it to the states...

What I do know for sure is that I have danced to Hanson, Spice Girls and the Backstreet in many a Buenos Aires boliche until 7 in the morning. I can die happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment